Holyrood Episcopal Church ~ Iglesia Santa Cruz
715 W 179th St, New York, NY 10033 (Corner of Ft. Washington)
9:30AM Opening Ceremony
(Properly worn masks and social distancing are required at all times during the event)
10:30AM (Sharp) Walking Starts from Corner of 179th Street and Fort Washington:
- Walking South on Broadway for approx. 1. mile to 155th Street
- Brief Stop to Regroup in front of Boricua College on Broadway and 155th Street
- Turning Left at 155th Street going East and walk approx. 0.8 miles to 153rd Street
- Brief Stop to Regroup in the Charles Young Triangle Park and 153rd Street
- Walk across Macomb’s Dam Bridge into the Bronx
- Walk to and turn Right at 161st Street
- Brief Stop to Regroup on 161st Street across from Yankee Stadium
- Resume walking on 161st Street to the steps of the Bronx Supreme Court (following the NYPD to Grand Concourse side) (To here is approx. 0.6 mile from the MD Bridge)
*Stopping here for approx. 35mins for Speakers and lunch. (Choice of a cheese, ham or turkey sandwich, and water will be provided.
12:30 PM Sharp Walking Resumes
- Resume walking South on Grand Concourse to 149th Street (Hostos Community College)
- Turn Left onto East 149th Street
- Brief Stop to Regroup on 149th Street and Morris Ave in front of Lincoln Hospital
- Resume walking on 149th Street to Third Avenue
- Turn Right at and walk on Third Ave to 139th Street
- Turn Right at 139th Street, cross Morris Ave and turn Left, walk to 135th Street
- Brief Stop to Regroup at 135th Street before walking into the Third Ave Bridge
- Resume walking across Third Ave Bridge (To here is approx. 1.7 miles from 161st Bx)
- Across the Third Ave Bridge, up & over the walkway, cross Lexington onto 129th Street
- Brief Stop to Regroup on 129th Street btwn Lexington & Park Ave
- Continue walking on West 129th Street to Park Ave, turn Left on Park Ave
- Walk South on Park Ave to 125th Street
- Turn Right on 125th Street to Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard
- Brief Stop to Regroup on 125th Street in front of the State Building Plaza (From the 3rd Ave Bridge to here is approx. 1.4 miles)
- Resume walking by crossing 125th at Adam Clayton Powell, turn Left back onto 125th heading East back to Lexington Ave
- Brief Stop to Regroup on 125th Street & Park Ave
- Resume walking on 125th Street to Lexington
- Turn Right onto Lexington (From the State Building to here is approx. 0.7 miles)
- Brief Stop to Regroup on Lexington & 120th Street
- Resume walking on Lexington to 116th Street
- Brief Stop to Regroup on Lexington and 116th Street
- Resume walking on Lexington to 106th Street to finish the 2021 walk.
Total Walk: Approximately 7 miles
*Due to the NYC’s Covid restriction of public gatherings, the 2021 March Route will end at 106th Street and Lexington Ave. and will not have a Closing Ceremony, and will not have access to bathrooms or provide food or water at the end of this year's event. Also due Covid restrictions, immediate disbursement of the March's attendees is required.
*Dresses and signs will be collected at the White Playground, located on 106th Street btwn Lexington and 3rd Ave.
*Properly worn masks and social distancing are required at all times during the event.